Hi guys! Haaaappy Friday! Before I get on with the Famous Friday post, here’s just a little life update 🙂
Snow! Snow, snow, snow!! Yay!! Here in Virginia where I live it is not currently snowing but snow coats the ground! Yay! Yesterday was a snow day, school was cancelled (but I’m homeschool so not for me. eh), and school is cancelled today, too! Snow! Snow! Snow!
Anyway, before I explode with snowiness, let’s continue. 2018 is going great! I’ve been doing pretty good with my New Year’s Resolutions so far:
- My Bible reading is going great! Sometimes I read in the morning, and sometimes in the evening; it depends. I get out a notebook and a pencil and start reading about 4 chapters a day. I write down anything that sticks out to me, and reflect on that during the day 🙂 Hopefully I’ll be able to keep that up!
- Devotionals…hmm…I haven’t been able to do that every morning, but when I read the Bible in the morning, I guess that counts? I’m probably going to try to read around 2 chapters in the morning and 2 chapters in the evening.
- Time management…that’s not going so well hahaha 😛 I am being pretty productive, but I could always get better. (way better 😳 )
- My room could use some improvement. Let’s leave it at that hehe
- My desk…same as above 😳
- I have been using my planner a lot! Every day I write down a checklist and at the end of the day, or the next day, I check it off, which is very satisfying! I also like to decorate it with washi tape or stickers 😀
- I haven’t been able to create a blogging calendar, or post as much as I want to, but I have posts in my drafts box that I write as often as I can!
That’s how I’m doing with my resolutions, and hopefully I’ll improve and be able to keep them!
Now, onto the Famous Friday part! I haven’t done a Famous Friday post in so long, so I’m excited to be doing this again! Also, I’ve decided that instead of doing just books, or movies and other things like that, I can expand my choices! And I’m going to shake things up a bit and do a this vs. that post! So, today I’m doing…Recollections vs. MAMBI Planner!
Note: The pictures in this post are not taken by me, but from online. Picture Credit goes to Google 😀
Before I get started, here are some related posts:
Famous Friday Introduction and Famous Friday ~ Hero’s Guide and Life Update + Famous Friday
Okey dokey now onto the post!
I’ll start by reviewing the Recollections planner!
The Recollections planner that I own was a Secret Santa/Angel gift from one of my friends. I have the French Bulldog one!
It’s so cute!! Here’s a peek inside-
In the upper left corner is the monthly view. Next to it is the weekly view. On the bottom left corner are the stickers the planner comes with, like the month stickers you put on the little tabs that stick out, to-do list stickers, and other decorative stickers! It’s great. Next to that little page is the Important Dates page. There’s also a Goals page – which I like a lot – an Important Contacts page, and also a Notes page. I wish I could show you my planner inside, but I would prefer to keep what’s inside my planner a secrect. 😐
- It’s a really nice size – 5 x 7, and you can take it anywhere!
- I like how you can put contacts, goals, dates, and notes inside your planner.
- The weekly view is nice also because it has a considerable space for your notes for that week. Like, for the week of Jan. 1, I put in the little notes section my New Year’s Resolutions. Not sure if that makes sense…
- The inserts that separate each month are very cute and flowery!
- It’s also nice that they include stickers!
- In the monthly view, you don’t get much space to write things down since the boxes for each day are so small.
- In the weekly view, the boxes are also pretty small, so I only have enough space to put down a checklist for that day. (my handwriting is pretty big, though hahaha)
- The stickers do lose their stickiness after a little while, but so far that’s only happened once to me!
Anyway, there’s a little Recollections Planner Famous Friday post! I really like having this planner, and I’d definitely repurchase!
Onto the…MAMBI Happy Planner!
These planners are very popular nowadays, and I can see why! They are very cute, original and easy to work with! One of my besties :D, Lindsay over at Linds4Dance, has one and is very very good at decorating them! So definitely go check out her planner posts!
I have the Faith Edition –
This planner is really pretty and I enjoy using it a lot! Let’s get started!
I really like the cover. It says “grace upon grace,” which I like a lot. Oh, and SURPRISE! I didn’t know this until recently! You can take off the planner cover (I’ll get to that in a minute) and flip it over to switch the planner covers! Wow, right?!
I really liked the inserts because that have a Bible Verse (or part of one) on each!
In case you didn’t know about this, each MAMBI Happy Planner has a unique feature! The special way they cut the paper allows you to be able to take each page out, but be able to put it back in without ripping anything or damaging your planner! All you have to do is be carefully, and cautiously take out the page. To put it back in, you lay the page on top of its place and push down the paper until it clicks in. Kinda sorta.
Anyway. The planner comes with pretty stickers as well! That makes me happy 😀 It also comes with black pen, a magnetic bookmark, and some mini post-it notes! Bonus! Yippee!
Here’s a peeky inside:
Here’s the monthly view ^^
Weekly view ^^ The weekly view for the Faith Edition is vertical, but there are some that are horizontal. I haven’t tried to put
- They come in several different sizes!
- The fact that you can take the pages out easily and put them back in is really helpful! I’m left-handed and writing on the right page makes my handwriting mess up because the spiral binding bumps it up, so I take out the right page to do it – voila! it’s neat!
- MAMBI always has really pretty planner covers, inserts, and sticker! And the stickers fit perfectly in the planner since they’re made for Happy Planners 🙂
- I didn’t mention this earlier, but on the page right before the insert that goes before the month (phew I don’t think you understood that) there’s a little page with things like…Grateful For:, Prayer List:, Goals:, etc. and that’s really really nice. It’s cool to flip through each of those pages and see how you progressed!
- Also, since you can take pages out and put them back in, you can add more pages – like Notes, or Fitness planning, etc.
- Since the planner is bigger, you can’t carry it around with you, which is a bummer
- The stickers fall off their sheet sometimes, but not often – maybe once or twice.
- If you have a white planner cover, it can get dirty easily
- On the monthly view, the weekend blocks are a different color than the weekday blocks, so it kind of already sets the color theme if you want to decorate your planner spread.
So those are the reviews of both my favorite planners! Here’s a list that has parts of the planners that both have in common, and which I like better –
Recollections vs. MAMBI:
- The Monthly View – I think I’m going with Recollections on this one. They’re pretty similar, but like mentioned above, MAMBI colors it beforehand, and that’s basically the only thing
- The Weekly View – MAMBI on this one 😀 It has three sections, and that gives you more space to write more and plan more!
- The Size – MAMBI again 🙂 Mainly because it comes in all sorts of different sizes, while Recollections only comes in two. Other than that, the sizes are pretty much the same
- The Design
- Cover – Recollections 😀 The covers that Recollections offers are just super cute, while the MAMBI ones are kind of repetitive, if you get what I mean. Each Recollections cover has a new style
- Rings – By rings I mean the Spiral Rings vs. the Special Rings (the ones that allow you to take the pages in and out of MAMBI planners) MAMBI’s rings are useful, but design-wise, Recollections spiral rings are simple and elegant.
- Tabs – MAMBI tabs have prettier fonts on them and the stickers that allow you to place the labels on them stick on easier.
- Inserts – The monthly inserts in the MAMBI planners are much prettier, in my opinion while the Recollections ones can be tacky sometimes – but they are cute!
- Stickers – The stickers that come with the MAMBI planners are prettier, and there are more of them, but the ones with the Recollection planners are also cute!
Tada! That’s my overall review on both planners and all that fun planner stuff! Now it comes down to the decision you’ve all been waiting for…
Which planner is my personal favorite?
Aaaah!! Honestly, it’s so hard to choose 😀 They’re both so fun to work and plan with, and since I haven’t worked with either of them long enough to be an experto…hmm…
I’m going to go with…the…
I think because I like the layout more and the small size is really convenient. The cover is also adorable!!
My final say about both are –
The MAMBI planner is more pretty and elegant and naturey, with the practical fact that you can take the pages out and there are so many things you can add to it and lots of stickers you can use to decorate it. If you are an artistic person that likes being creative, the MAMBI planner is your thing! I would highly recommend this planner to anyone, though!
The Recollections, from my experience, is more of a cute planner. The covers are kind of like the quote images you would find online if you looked that up. You can’t decorate the weekly spread as much as you can the MAMBI one, so if you’re looking for a planner that’s more for planning and not decorating, then the Recollections planner is just for you!
I’m not a super artsy person, and I’d just like a practical but pretty planner that’s not particularly for making super decorative, so I like the Recollections Planner. I still use different colored pens and washi tapes for the monthly spread, but mainly I just write down what I need to get done that day, and stuff like that.
I hope you found that review helpful in any way, shape, or form!
Oh, and by the way, I know I posted a Famous Friday post on a Saturday (what?!!! Unheard of! How dare you!), but I was just about to finish up this post yesterday and publish it when I had to go! So yes, it’s a Famous Friday/Saturday post 🙂
Thank you guys for bearing with me through my post! If you’re new to my blog, thanks so much for reading and I hope you’ll give me a little follow!
Here’s a question for all you readers:
What’s a post idea that you’d like me to do? Now that the Christmas season is coming to an end, I’m running out of post ideas! Your input would be greatly appreciated!
Till next time ~