Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope that this holiday is filled with love and laughter and that you enjoy this free time with your family!!!! ❤ ❤ ❤
So far, this morning, I’ve just relaxed, played music, read books, shopped Amazon for Christmas gifts, etc. (I L ❤ V E these kinds of holidays where it’s just stay home and chill 😛 ) Oh, and of COURSE I spent time with my family!! That’s the BEST part about holidays! No matter where you go, your family is always with you, supporting and encouraging you, and also celebrating with you!
Well, today is Thanksgiving so I’m here to not only wish you a Happy Holiday (that’s not a phrase just for Christmas), but also share with you 10 things I’m thankful for. Honestly, there’s so much, but I’m going to try to limit it to those.
Here we go!
1. God!! He’s always there for me, my Lord, my Savior, my Friend, my Father…there’s so many things God is for you, so many things God does for you, so many things God gives you, how can you not be thankful for him?
2. My Family ❤ I’m not being really basic, I promise I’m not those toddlers who go “Family, friends, food, school…” My family is something God has given to me that I will never, EVER take for granted. I’m so blessed to have parents who love me so so much and sisters who, even though I’m a weirdo, put up with me. Thanks God! 😀
3. Friends 🙂 Let me just put it this way – I’m really wacky. My friends can tell you all about it. Sometimes I’ll randomly start dancing (not really dancing just flailing my limbs around…) or sing a nursery rhyme. Anyway, my point is, I’m a strange person, but my friends are so AMAZING that they put up with it and some of them are even strange back 😛 I thank God so much for my friends!
4. A Roof Over My Head Many people today are spending Thanksgiving out in the streets or in a homeless shelter. I’m not only thankful for a roof over my head, but a cozy, warm roof over my head. God has blessed me so much that one of my biggest concerns is cleaning up my room. It’s honestly really messy, you can’t walk in there without breaking something. Okay, that’s enough about my room – next thing! 😳 And before I change the subject, THANK YOU GOD!!! ❤
5. Dance! Dance is way for me to forget about things. I don’t mean that in a weird way, but when I’m dancing, whether it’s at my studio or just randomly leaping down grocery store aisles, I forget about the homework on my desk or the piles of clothes on my bedroom floor (oh dear change of subject). It’s a way to be free for maybe just one or two hours and also a way of expressing not only myself but also the music. #Dancer4Life XD
6. Music ~ Music is also another way of expressing myself. You can put feeling into music. I play violin and piano. I don’t take lessons, so I’m not worrying about perfecting the classical pieces, but I can be free to print out contemporary pieces and tweak them here and there. It’s also a way to praise God! Praise God for music!
7. Nature 🙂 Look at the splendor of nature. Seriously, go to the nearest window and look out. Even if all you see is the backyard of someone else’s house or your own yard with a lot of leaves, you’ll be amazed. Each leaf that you see has a science to it – it’s not just something you enjoy crunching beneath your feet because it’s satisfying, it’s something that God has given to us, so let’s not take that for granted. I know I sometimes do 😦 Also, it’s just very beautiful, don’t you think?
8. My Blog ~ Two months ago, I typed wordpress.com into Google and clicked a couple buttons and voila! a blog was created! Looking back on my past posts, I cringe, and I’m sure that I’m going to roll my eyes at this post in the future as well, but I’m extremely grateful for opportunities to share God’s love, some fun stories, and a little bit about myself to people around me 🙂 ❤
9. You Guys!! I love reading your comments, long and short, and I love reading your guys’ blog posts. Some of them make me laugh, some make me think, and some refresh me. Thank you so much for being there for me and reading this post. Blog on, y’all!
10. My Life ~ I’m not trying to be really deep or anything, cause I’m not, but I thank God for my life; my opportunity and my chance. Without my life, I would not be able to experience God, My Family, My Friends, My Home, Dance, Music, Nature, My Blog, or You, the Reader. Why not take the time today to thank Him for your life as well?
There are 10 things that I’m thankful for! I’m thankful for soooooo muuuuuuch moooooore, but I have pretty lengthy things to say about each one, and I don’t want to bore you,
and I want to go eat ice cream right now so I’m just giving you 10 things.
If you’re not busy with your family, feel free to comment down below about a couple things you’re grateful for, and, if you haven’t already, why not go to your blog and write a post about your thankfulness? And please go ahead and follow if you’re new here! You’ll find the button to the right of your computer screen and bottom of your phone screen (I think). 🙂
Well, I’m off to go find more adventures! Hopefully if they’re exciting enough, I’ll share them with you!
To more adventures!!
3 thoughts on “Happy Thanksgiving + Thankfulness!”
Awww this is such a beautiful post, Lydia!! I loved reading about what you’re thankful for; I must say I’m thankful for all the same things. ❤ Well, I don’t think I dance as much as you do, haha, but I do enjoy it!! I hope that you’re having a wonderful Thanksgiving, Lydia! ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks 🙂 You, too! Hope you have (or had) a happy, fun-filled, memorable Thanksgiving!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome! Aww thank you ❤ we did!
LikeLiked by 1 person