Update 1: I forgot to mention, but you can totally design the cover on the computer! (is there a term for that…?) And also, you can go for any theme you want, but I had in mind a more elegant fairy tale theme centered around gold and silver. Feel free to follow that or bring in some modern inspiration!
Update 2: And if you don’t feel comfortable giving out your email address, you can totally just link a Google Docs. or post your entry on your blog! 🙂 Just leave a link in the comments so I can check it out!
Hi everyone! So I’m just going to get straight to the point…
This year, I’m in a novel writing class and I am writing my own novel.
Well, duh, Lydia. I am going to actually publish my book and I’m super excited!
Anyway, I still have to decide what my book cover is going to look like and since there is no artistic bone in my body, I decided to hold a Book Cover Contest!
Before I go over everything, let me give you a description of my book:
This story chronicles the adventures of a twelve-year-old girl named Kylie York. She has a sort of inner emotional battle waging inside of her. She desperately wants to find out if there’s anyone in the world that cares about her. One day, her adopted sister, Aniyah, and one of the school bullies, London, go missing, and Kylie sets out to find her. London’s best friends, Brooklyn and Paris, tell Kylie that the two missing girls are in a realm called Crystyllis. Kylie half-agrees to join them and they go through a magical golden mirror to adventure throughout the magical world, meeting fascinating characters as they go.
As it turns out, Crystyllis is a fairy tale realm. There are princesses – Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella – and other stories – Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Bo Peep – and brutal villains. It seems the world is against Kylie as her sister is just slipping through her grasp.
Before Kylie can get her sister and escape out of there as quick as possible, other matters arise and she finds that maybe her life – and herself – just aren’t what they seem.
The story centers around Kylie finding out how to love and how to accept love, while she goes on the expedition of a lifetime.
If you are artistic, are a photographer, or just like to draw, then please enter! I would love as many entries as possible!
Originally, I was planning on drawing an intricate gold, oval mirror, like the one that Kylie goes through to get to Crystyllis – but I couldn’t figure out how to draw one…
You guys are welcome to submit more than one entry if you would like and you can draw a mirror, something fairy tale related, or just anything you think would work based on the book description! I will give you guys credit in my book if I use yours, do not worry!
Things to keep in mind:
- Deadline is April 27 (so sorry for the late notice and not that much time to draw or photograph!)
- If you draw the cover and then take a picture of it, then please keep in mind that the cover will look exactly like that (and will include pencil marks, shadows, etc.) Same goes for photography 🙂
- Submit the photograph in portrait mode!!!
- The book will most likely be paperback
- You can submit multiple entries!
- You will get credit 🙂
- If you want to, you can design the cover how you would like it to look! (complete with the title, name of author, etc.)
- Title of my Book: Adventures in Crystyllis (yes I know it’s very basic…) My Temporary Pseudonym: Lily Jay
- Let me know in the comments if you are participating or not! 😀
- Draw or Photograph your entry – Portrait mode please!
- Edit + Design it
- Submit it to email@example.com or post the entry on your blog
- Wait for results! 😀
Thank you so so much for reading and please enter! Reblog this if you can so I can get as many entries as possible!
Don’t forget – the deadline is April 27!
If you have any questions you can ask them in the comments or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org – also, if you would like more description on the book then feel free to comment or email!
Thanks again so so much and please enter! ❤ ❤ ❤
Till next time ~