Hey guys! It’s Lydia here!
Sooooo I have lots in store for this post 🙂 A name for the photography contest, the next topic, and an announcement at the end – so stay tuned!!
Now let’s get on with today’s post!
The goal of this photography contest is to show your original thoughts and how you are creative and imaginative with the topic that I give you. I will be giving everyone points based on how “out of the box” you can go while staying inside the boundaries the topic gives you.
You want to take a photo that shows your personality! For instance, the last topic was morning. You might think about how you spend your mornings versus what pops up when you google “morning”.
That is why this photography contest is called…
My Own Originality Photography Contest!
Or, for short, MOOP Contest! 😛
~ MOOP Contest Rules ~
- The picture must be your own picture – hence MOOP!
- The picture must be appropriate! If your picture is in any way inappropriate, it will be disqualified.
- Stick to the theme!
- Submit your entry before May 21st! (So by midnight, May 20th)
- To submit you can post your entry on your blog, email me a pdf or google docs, or link your picture in the comments – just make sure it gets to me! If I see it, I will either comment on your post, reply to your email, or reply to your comment! 🙂
- Feel free to include a caption for your photo!
~ Point System ~
- Be creative and original! That is what I am giving points out for the most 🙂 Think outside the box and include your personality in it!
- On topic 😛
- Submitted on time!
- Unedited – If it is edited, you will not get full points…
- I give points for creativity, relevance, how it’s different from all the other submissions, and photo quality!
~ Extra Points ~
I will add the extra points on at the end of the contest.
- Have a common aesthetic for all of your photos – 5 points!
- Include something(s) that each of your photos has (for example, you can put a water bottle and/or a dog in all of your entries) – 3 points per thing!
~ Week Two Topic ~
What is your source of comfort? How can you depict that? Be original!
~ Results ~
As for the results from last round….would the participants like me to post all your photos and the number of points you got or would you not feel comfortable with that?
I got submissions from the following people (if I missed your picture, let me know!):
- Laura (Lula Boo)
- Laura (A Picture, A Song, A Literary Quote)
Unfortunately, I had to drop out of the HARPs contest because with my school wrapping up and a busy schedule, I just don’t have time to participate. Thank you sooooo much to Starling for hosting the contest! I had so much fun!
Speaking of a packed schedule, I am going to have to reduce the blogging in my life. I already have been posting less frequently than usual. I am not going on a hiatus, but I will be devoting less time to blogging for a little bit.
I will continue to post every Monday until the MOOP Contest is over, and I might throw a post in here or there, but I will not be spending as much time on my blog. I will keep reading everyone’s posts and commenting – I can’t give that up!
I have been nominated for many tags/awards, and I am sooooo thankful that I have been! I will be posting those as soon as possible!
If you have nominated me for a tag/award, please please please let me know in the comments so I won’t miss it. Thanks!
Thank you all so much for reading 🙂 Have a great week and have fun taking photos!! ❤ ❤
Till next time ~